Thursday, March 22, 2012

Borris Powell's "Without a Shadow of Doubt"

This past Sunday I had the privilege to attend Borris Powell's Fall/Winter 2012 "Without a Shadow of Doubt" fashion show at the River East Art center!!! I know I took so long to write this post, but honestly I am still bedazzled by the garments that were shown here!!!! First, the River East Art center is breathtaking. This place is honestly beautiful and just refreshing for a show. There even was a shop located inside the facility where they were selling clothing from Borris, and Strut Boutique (which was also featured in the show). 

Before the Show......Yes it is my fab photography

Picture by Mitchell Canoff for ChicagoNow (you can tell it is not my picture)
    
The amazing LaTonya Williams (Chicago's next It girl) and Designer Katherine Walker
Chicago fashionistas all came out to celebrate Borris's newest collection. Designers such as GOCA's Omar Villalobos and Katherine Walker were in attendance. Also our Chicago Fashion Incubator resident designer LaTonya Williams came out to celebrate her mentor Borris. The hosts of the show included the fab Candid Candace and NBC's Marcus Riley. Even Chicago Bear Rashied Davis was in attendance for this MUST show. 
Strut Boutique

 
Strut Boutique

Strut Boutique

Strut Boutique
The show started with Strut Boutique, which I may add has FANTASTIC garments. I was in awe with many of their clothes and wished I could fit in them. Borris made his entrance in a red Ferrari! Then the show continue with his timeless, sophisticated by fun garments. Overall, a great experience and an amazing show. But from Borris, that is always expected. I am looking forward towards his next show!!! Remember if it is Borris Powell, you know that it will be a show to remember.
Picture from Mitchell Canoff from ChicagoNow

Picture from Mitchell Canoff from ChicagoNow

No comments:

Post a Comment